We are here to help! Feel free to drop in your query via our form. Our team will reach back to you shortly
China is an increasingly popular destination for students from around the world, with the number of international students in China doubling in the past 10 years. China is already the fourth most popular destination for travel generally and has the third-largest population of international students, behind the US and the UK. This number has been growing by an average of 10 per cent a year for the past 10 years, a far quicker growth rate than any other popular study-abroad destination.
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programmes to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC, entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programmes. Now, 279 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programmes in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine Arts for scholarship recipients at all levels.
Full Scholarship covers
- Tuition waiver (complete)
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy
- If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory （usually a twin room）; if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy
- Undergraduate students’/ master’s students: CNY 700 per month
- Doctoral student’s （senior scholars）: CNY 1000 per month
- Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month
- Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month.
Benefits of studying in China
China is one of the fastest-developing countries in the world, China is a great place to start off or enhance your career. China is in the midst of an educational revolution. The government is spending more resources than ever before to make China's universities internationally competitive. Today more and more international students choose more advanced subjects, ranging from modern dance and literature to engineering, computer science and international business.
Following are the prominent reasons for international students to choose China for their studies:
Affordable Study Costs
Compared to some European countries, America, Japan, South Korea and other Asian countries, the cost of studying in China is much more reasonable. The tuition fee for English taught MBBS, Business and Engineering course etc. is only about 3500 to 5000 US dollars a year.
You can live a content life with a small budget in China
You’ll be joining a growing trend
China is an increasingly popular destination for students from around the world, with the number of international students in China doubling in the past 10 years. China is already the fourth most popular destination for travel generally and has the third-largest population of international students, behind the US and the UK.
The government is investing heavily in international students
Financial support is an important factor in the decision to study abroad and the Chinese government is offering a wide range of funding opportunities to attract international students, including more than 40,000 scholarships at 277 institutions.
Chinese universities have a growing reputation
In 2011, there were only six Chinese universities in Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings, whereas in 2015-2016 there were 37, more than either Canada or Australia.
It could be great for your career
Experience of China and Chinese, which is the third most popular language to learn in the world, could give you a great career boost.
Admission and Visa process
Each programme at any Chinese universities has its own requirements for entry. We make sure that you are able to meet the requirements and provide copies of the relevant documents.
General Entry Requirements
International students who want to study at Chinese universities must meet the general requirements set out by both the Chinese government and the university they apply to.
Admission Requirements of Chinese Universities
In accordance with different levels of degree, Chinese universities have different requirements for all. Before applying, ASCOM Counsellors carefully review these requirements.
- Completed Application Form (ASCOM will provide)
- Foreigner Physical Examination (ASCOM will provide)
- Police clearance certificate
- English Proficiency Letter (medium of instruction English in current or last attended institution)
- Academic transcripts and degrees of high school
- Character certificates from all institutions
- Academic transcripts and degree of Bachelor’s / Master’s programme
- Two recommendation letters of professors/associate professors with their signature and contact information
- Study plan of no less than 400 words in English or Chinese (original copy or photocopy/scanned copy). For students and workers, studying/working certificate is also required.
- Optional materials: articles or papers written or published, certificate of awards, HSK certificate, English level certificate, other related documents (photocopy/scanned copy)
Foreign students studying in China are required to hold an ordinary passport and either a X1 visa (study period of more than 180 days) or a X2 visa (study period of no more than 180 days.).
X Visa (Student)
- Student Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW 202 or JW201, original and photocopy)
- Admission Letter from your perspective university
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
- Mark sheet/diploma (original and photocopy).
Universities in China
The government is in the process of growing a number of China's key universities into world-class centers of education and research. Institutions like Tsinghua University, Fudan University and Peking University are climbing to the top of global educational standards.
These universities seek to attract the best international and domestic talent in instructors, researchers and students. Some of these universities have attracted brilliant faculty from institutions like Harvard, Yale and more. Facilities are state-of-the-art and educational methodology is modern and innovative.
Programmes at these key universities can be very competitive, but offer excellent instruction comparable to a first-class institute anywhere in the world.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Applications for China universities are accepted 3-5 months before the class start dates. ASCOM counselors will help you in arranging your admission letter, JW202 from university, interview preparation for admission and visa application.
Whether you plan to pursue a short-term or full degree programme in the China, you have to consider the following 'Five Steps to China Study'.
Research Your Options
ASCOM helps in finding the programme options available and how to identify an institution that best fits your needs.
Finance your Studies
You would need to fund your studies and the tuition cost depends on the university you will select.
Complete Your Application
ASCOM counsellors will help you in course selection, documents arrangement and providing complete information of requirements to apply for your programme. We arrange your admission letter and acceptance letter from the university.
Apply for Your Student Visa
ASCOM expert counsellors will help you making the visa application. Giving updated information on its requirements. You will be prepared for the interview, both for admission and visa, professionally.
Prepare for Your Departure
Pre-departure information including gathering documents for arrival and immigration compliance are provided before you depart for your studies.
The Universities calendar usually begins in September.
ASCOM offers help for selecting the best courses and institutes according to the student's interest and capability. Our team of expert counselors offers assistance in gaining admission to top notch universities of China. Other services provided include:
- Selection of course and university
- Arranging admission
- Offer acceptance (JW202 Letter)
- Mock interviews for admission and visa
- Visa processing
- Pre-departure guidance